WORLD

The United States has offered to pay the families of Afghans killed in drone strikes


Washington promises to help their family members who are interested in relocating to the United States after Boca operation.

The Pentagon has offered indefinite condolences to the families of 10 people killed in a US drone strike in Afghanistan in August.

The U.S. Department of Defense says it has made a commitment to work with the U.S. State Department in support of family members interested in relocating to the United States, as well as providing “ex-Gracia condolence payments.”

US Deputy Secretary of Defense Colin Kahl held a virtual meeting Thursday with Steven Cowan, founder and president of Nutrition and Education International, the aid agency that hired Jemari Ahmadi, Pentagon press secretary John Kirby, who was killed in the August 29 drone strike, said late Friday night.

Kirby said the drone strikes killed Ahmadi and other innocent victims, who had no guilt and were not affiliated with the Islamic State in Khorasan province, threatening ISKP (ISIS) or U.S. forces.

A drone strike in Kabul has killed at least 10 civilians, including seven children.

The Pentagon has previously said that the August 29 attack targeted an ISKP suicide bomber who posed an impending threat to U.S.-led forces at the airport as they were nearing the end of their withdrawal from Afghanistan.

However, an attack in the vicinity west of Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport has reportedly killed civilians, including children.

Video from the scene showed the wreckage of a car scattered in the courtyard of a building. The Pentagon later said the operation was a “tragic mistake.”

The attack came three days after the US-trained Afghan forces melted down and the Taliban came to power in an ISKP suicide bombing, three days after 1 US soldier and dozens of Afghan civilians crowded outside the airport gate, desperate to secure seats on the evacuation flight. The capital is in mid-August.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has apologized for the attack. However, Ahmadi’s 22-year-old nephew Farshad Haidari said it was not enough.

“They must come here and face us,” he told AFP in a bomb-laden, modest home in Khwaja Burga, a densely populated area of ​​Kabul.

Haidari, whose brother Nasser and younger cousins ​​were also killed in the blast, said Sept. 18 that the United States had not contacted the family directly.

The killing of civilians has also raised questions about the future of US drone strikes in Afghanistan.





Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button