WORLD

Prince Andrew served in a sexual assault case filed by Virginia Geoffrey


According to New York federal court records, one of the defendants, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Jeffrey Epstein, has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him.

Andrew is being sued in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, Geoffrey, 38, who alleges that the Duke sexually abused him more than once in New York, London, and on the private island of Epstein in the U.S. Virgin Islands between 2000. And 2002 when he was under 18 years of age.

Duke has repeatedly denied having sex with Geoffrey, especially in a disastrous November 2019 BBC interview where he tried to defend himself, claiming he had never met her. Shortly after the interview aired, Andrew announced that he was “stepping down” from royal government duties.

An affidavit filed Friday states that a member of Andrew’s security team received a formal notice of the case against him on August 2, at the Royal Lodge in Windsor Castle.

In the affidavit, Caesar Augusto Sepulveda stated that it took him two days to deliver the documents because on his first attempt on August 26, Andrew’s security team told him that they had been instructed not to take any court action or to “allow anyone” to serve on the property. To appear there for the purpose of. “

When he returned the next day, Sepulveda met with Andrew’s security chief, who told him he could leave the documents with one of the Royal Lodge Guards and send them to the Duke’s legal team. The head of security refused to allow Sepulved to personally serve Andrew.

The document lists London-based criminal defense attorney Gary Blocksom as the duke’s lawyer. BuzzFeed News has commented on the service’s affidavit and document claim to Blocksome that its security team has been instructed not to accept court documents. He did not respond.

However, according to ABC News, Blocksome reported that questions have been raised about the legitimacy of the service, and a letter received by the network called the work of Geoffrey’s legal team “regrettable.” In the document, which ABC News reported, Blocksom sent to British Judicial Officer Senior Master Barbara Fontaine in Sep September, the lawyer claiming that the way the lawsuit was filed made the service illegal under British law.

“Because we are not satisfied with some of the good reasons for doing so, our clients are less likely to agree to any form of alternative services, when the service practices of these activities are erratic and the effectiveness of the claim is open to doubt,” Blocksome reported.

The first pre-trial conference will be held on Monday, virtually by telephone. It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post.

Geoffrey was one of many women to accuse Andrew’s longtime colleague Epstein of sexual abuse of a minor.

Epstein, a prominent financier, committed suicide at a federal detention center on August 10, 2019, when he faced charges of sex trafficking and the abuse of dozens of underage girls, including a 14-year-old.

In his complaint against Andrew, filed in Aug August, Geoffrey claimed that he was “forced by public or underlying threats” to have sex with Epstein, his then-girlfriend Giseline Maxwell, and Andrew himself. The complaint included a photo of 17-year-old Geoffrey, then Virginia Roberts and Andrew, who has his hands around his waist.

Andrew, the indictment, alleges he was sexually abused “knowing that he was a sex-trafficking victim, being forced to have sex with her.”

In a statement to BuzzFeed News on the day of the lawsuit, Geoffrey said he was ultimately “responsible for what Prince Andrew did to me.”



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button