SPORTS

Australia to suspend Afghanistan Test on women’s sports Cricket News


The match against the Afghan men’s team was scheduled for November 27 in Hobart; The International Cricket Council will discuss the state of women’s cricket in Afghanistan at its next board meeting in November

Last Updated: 29/09/21 9:09 am

The match against Australia will be the seventh Test for Afghanistan

Australia will suspend Test matches against Afghanistan indefinitely this week so that Asian nations can “reconsider” their attitude towards women’s sports, confirmed Cricket Tasmania boss Dominic Baker.

The match against the Afghan men’s team was scheduled for November 27 in Hobart.

“It will be officially suspended indefinitely this week. It will come out in the next few days,” Baker told a local radio station. Triple M.

“It’s about giving the Afghan government some direction on what they need to do to get back into the game.

Bellerive was ready to host the Oval Test match

Bellerive was ready to host the Oval Test match

“It’s unacceptable that they don’t allow women’s sports. If they want to play competitive men’s sports, especially cricket, they have to rethink what they will do with women’s sports.”

The governing body, Cricket Australia, has said it will cancel the test after media reports that Taliban rulers in Asian countries will not allow women to play cricket this month.

A Cricket Australia spokesman said on Wednesday that no decision had been made on the fixtures.

Baker said the match could be scheduled later.

“We’re not going to cancel it outright,” he said.

The new chairman of the Afghanistan Cricket Board Azizullah Fazli said Reuters This month it is committed to promoting women’s cricket in the country and is optimistic that the single Test against Australia will go ahead.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) is set to discuss the state of women’s cricket in Afghanistan at its next board meeting in November.

There is more uncertainty about the schedule of the Australian Ashes at home this summer due to the reluctance of England players to tour the country due to the prevalence of Covid-1 of in the southern states and strict segregation restrictions.

Baker said Hobart would be ready to take part in the Ashes Test if necessary, if Perth were able to take part in the fifth and final match.





Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button